Starting Point Questions
These questions (or something similar) are a good starting point for when you are just determining where a performance issue lies. They can help you form an idea of whether the issue can be solved through a learning intervention or not.
- How does this performance or lack of performance affect you?
- Who is the target?
- How is the performance currently performed?
- What is the desired performance?
- What skills or knowledge do performers need to know in order to perform?
- Does the target population know how to perform correctly?
- Does the target population have the tools, resources, processes, etc., to perform as desired?
- Are there any motivational issues that may be impacting the target population's performance?
- Are there any environmental issues that may be impacting the target population's performance?
- Who has the authority/control over whether something must be done?